We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior Interior Designer with min 5 years practical experience post education. This position involves working with our Lead Designer on all aspects of our interior design projects. Candidates for this position should have strong design and technical skills, forming an ability to produce excellent and accurate working drawing packages.
The candidate must be a keen and efficient assembler of colour, materials, finishes and furnishings samples for client review. Excellent verbal & written communication skills are paramount. Proficiency in Vectorworks and SketchUp required. The candidate must possess a positive demeanour and be easy to get along with. The job will start as a 6 month contract position with potential advancement to a staff position.
Peter Rose Architecture + Interiors Inc. is an established architecture & interior design practice specializing in single family custom homes, renovations, vacation homes and condominium interiors. We are a small company of 10 people and have many exciting new projects in the pipeline. Join us and enjoy a very personable, friendly and collegial atmosphere. The firm believes in a holistic design process where both architecture and interior design unite to make a greater whole.
- The role includes design duties listed below (but not limited to):
- Determining Project Scope & Goals, through client interview with Lead Designer
- Performing site visits, and full documentation (photographs, measuring, floor plans)
- Understanding the schedule for the particular scope of a project, and determining work flow with lead Designer
- Establishing concept board/images
- Carrying out design research as it pertains to project requirements.
- Producing floor plans, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Elevations, and Details all using Vector Works
- Producing 3D computer renderings using Sketch Up
- Selection of Plumbing fixtures, Appliances, Hardware, Light Fixtures
- Selection of Interior and Exterior colours and materials
- Selection of Furnishings, Window Coverings, Decor and Art
- Inputting all project Selections into Presentation Documents, and Specification Documents
- Communication and coordination with lead designer: presenting ideas, scheduling internal discussions/reviews
- Communication and coordination with other team members to establish division of work and responsibilities
- Involvement in Client Meetings and email/verbal communication with Clients, Contractors, and Sub Trades
- Ongoing administration of Design during construction, or project execution
Assets that Interior Designer candidate may have:
- Creativity, imagination, and passion for Residential Interior Design
- Ability to contribute to creative design conceptualization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills (on Mac)
- Proficiency with Photoshop or graphics programs are an asset
- Experience creating complete project working drawings packages (floor plans, RCP, elevations, details, specs)
- Experience in high-end Residential Design is a major asset
- Knowledge of single-family home construction, procedures, and timelines
- Knowledge of BC Building Code, particularly part 9
- Knowledge and confidence with appropriate material/product selection and specification
- Excellent organizational skills; takes initiative to further organize projects, design methods, and the office
- Self-disciplined and motivated; capable of working independently
Please e-mail resumes and examples of work to email@example.com